Friday, January 8, 2010

Running out of hair

Okay so we all lose a few hairs every day...that's normal. I've recently noticed that my hair is falling out all day long. It starts in the shower with a whole bunch, then with brushing and drying my hair, and then I find it on my clothes for the rest of the day. If I had to estimate, I'd say between 50 and 100 hairs are falling out every day! My hair is beginning to look thin and scraggly, especially the longest layer since it started out with less hair. So I'm thinking about cutting it shorter so that there are no more layers. Thoughts? By the way, this is just another glorious side effect of methotrexate :)

I'm not the only sick one in the house...my cat went into renal failure last week so he went and spent some time at the vet. Now we get to administer subcutaneous fluids every day! He actually handles it pretty well. He's gotten much better and is back to his normal self. I'm sure we have lots of vet visits to look forward to!

This was my first week back to work after about 10 days off. I could feel the difference in my body, my sleep, my hands...by Thursday my left wrist was so painful and I couldn't use it much. Over vacation I napped a lot and I miss that since going back to work. I didn't realize how much work was stressing my body. There's the potential that my position will turn into a combination of direct patient care and other responsibilities...more on that in a month or two when I know more. I think that would be better because I bet I'd be able to add more hours without too much stress.

Off for three days now...gonna get my naps in!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...that sucks! You look great with short hair and it will probably shorten your morning routine. We knew work was your biggest stressor...I hope that position change brings what you need. Love you!

    ReplyDelete