Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A revelation

We went on a surprise trip to Iowa last weekend because my husband's granny passed away. Of course when we got home I was exhausted and the next morning was my early morning (5am wake up call). I realized around 10:30 that morning that I was feeling off...I had forgotten to take my meds that morning! The reason this is important is because I hadn't taken the steroid or any Advil! The great thing about it was that I was JUST FINE without them!!!!!!! I've been taking a lot of Advil every day for over a year, so this is a great change. I also haven't been wearing my wrist braces to bed for a week or two now. And my hands haven't broken! Progress :)


So about Iowa...I was happy to go to honor Granny. She was pretty awesome. 93 years old and she still made it up the stairs into our house on Easter. I'm glad that she was out near us for the past several years because I got the chance to get to know her. Iowa is SO different than where I live now. It reminds me of upstate NY, where we went a lot to see my mom's side of the family when we were young, but flatter. So flat. Although I saw a t-shirt in the airport that said "Not everything is flat in Iowa"...I resisted buying it but loved it. Anyway, some parts of Iowa made me a little nostalgic, like the farms and the ice cream shop, but I don't think I could live there. I felt like I was jumping out of my skin at times. Happy to come home :)

I didn't actually buy this hat but thought it was funny so I put it on!

3 comments:

  1. I love love love those two pictures...you totally should have bought that t-shirt!

    So, what could be causing this lupus breakthrough? Could you finally be coming out of this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great post. You acknowledged Granny Harbert who will be sorely missed by her friends and family. Loved your pictures, past and present. It's amazing that you always look the same - just beautiful. I am very proud of you, my dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit strange to think that we may not go back to Iowa again (I can't think of why we would) so I'm glad we have pics of you wearing corn on your head! ;) Thanks for going out there with me - I know the trip is difficult, but the more trips we make, the more we learn about making travel easier for you.

    ReplyDelete