Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baby showers

That's right, I said baby showerssssss...I got two! I feel so lucky :)


The first shower was on Thanksgiving weekend in NY and my mom invited her friends and neighbors as well as my friends who live on Long Island. I can't believe people were able to come because it turned out to be a really busy weekend for all who were there. We had lots of yummy breakfast and brunch things, homemade cookies, and cake...oh and a yummy pink punch. Ha...when I tried to eat certain cookies, the powdered sugar kept falling on my tummy and larger than life boobs. Too bad I had a dark dress on! My friend, who was about 36 weeks pregnant at the time, was commiserating with me on the powdered sugar issue. People were so generous with their gifts and with their love. It really did touch my heart. Jeff wore a pink shirt which really was a hit with the girls.


The following Saturday we had the second shower in Framingham. My friend R was generous enough (or crazy enough) to offer her house for the event. Mom, Sis, MIL, and SILs worked with R in organizing the shower and did a fabulous job. I can't even believe all that they did. There were all different kinds of pink candies, a beautiful cake made by SIL (three times actually) that replicated the pattern on the bedding we had chosen, and delicious food. Favors were homemade by Mom and SIL and everyone loved them!


So many people were there from all different parts of my life, from elementary school all the way up to a woman I became friends with just in the past couple years. I loved seeing everyone all together and interacting...that's always fun for me. Again people were so generous with their time and love and we got some beautiful gifts. I love that so many people are making homemade items from food to books to blankets to clothes. Reminds me to get back into that kind of thing.

I tried to give a little speech when opening gifts was over but started to cry before I even started. I decompensated fast so my voice and hands were shaking through the whole thing. But at least I was able to share my feelings and hope I was able to let people know how special I feel. We have worked hard and have waited a long time for this little one and it warms my heart to know how many people are looking forward to meeting her. I gave gifts to the ones who had worked on the shower, little figurines representing them and the baby, as well as pink frames that I hope to keep updated with her picture. Everyone scolded me for giving gifts at my own shower but I wanted to!


A quick little note about the baby...We had an ultrasound the day before the second shower and all looks good. They said she has big feet which means she is going to be tall. They also said her head is a little big and asked if anyone in my family has a big head...my dad does. Not sure if that part bodes well for me during delivery! Anyway she is a little ahead in terms of growth...little overachiever. We may have a February baby if she keeps going this way!

2 comments:

  1. Great post about a very important time in your life! Please continue to take care of yourself and your little one!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it!!! So glad you're so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete