Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday tidbits


A few updates on life lately:
  • We had our second non stress test (NST) today and baby girl performed remarkably. She's such an overachiever (wonder where she gets that from). The nurse came in the room and turned down the volume on the machine because her movements were so strong and therefore loud that they were irritating people outside the room. She asked if I had been counting movements...I laughed in her face. I said that I don't have to because the baby is moving all the time. Should be interesting when she comes out!
  • We had our prepared childbirth class this weekend and spent a couple days at the hospital where I'll be delivering. My thoughts afterwards were a bit surprising...I may actually try to avoid an epidural! I'd also like to avoid a c-section. I think that with my history of dealing with severe prolonged pain, 60-90 second contractions may not be that bad. We'll see how I feel on the delivery date and I reserve the right to change my mind, but it may be possible to do this naturally.
  • My ankles and feet are swollen again and I'm not sure it's going to go away without delivering this child. Ugh...cankles don't suit me! I noticed it starting during the class this weekend and eventually dragged a chair over in front of me so that I could put my feet up.
  • I've been gaining weight recently...9 pounds in the last two weeks! I think some of it is water weight but I'm not sure where the rest is going. Maybe I need to slow down on those chocolate covered donuts!
  • The pukey bug has hit my house...poor hubby is so sick :( I'm hoping and praying that it goes away quickly and never comes near me. Please please please go away! I took the day off so I could take care of hubby and keep the bug out of the office. Hope it worked. I ended up taking two naps and skyping with my sister while I was home which worked out well for me.
  • Our baby furniture came yesterday and I LOVE it!!! It actually looks like we measured things...ha ha. I'm so excited to put the finishing touches in and set everything up. I'll take pics afterwards and post them.
  • My new schedule at work started yesterday...now I'll get some time at the end of each session to do notes, calls, etc. Oh and a new NP will be starting within the week. I'll be training her until I leave. Nothing like a little more stress!
  • I went to see a third day care center today. We're leaning toward one place over the others but just have to make the final decision.
Well that's it for now...hope everyone's Tuesday was terrific!

2 comments:

  1. You crazy, girl??? No epidural? Well, good for you if you can do it. I have no idea what a contraction feels like, but it never looks good. If anyone can do it, you can though.

    Love that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic! Poor hubby ;( Hope he feels better now and that you don't get it - ugh! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete