Monday, August 18, 2014

One year

two of my neighbors were diagnosed with cancer this past year...they've had surgery and one has undergone chemo and radiation already.  six months of it.  and he was just told that on average people with his situation have one year to live.  ONE YEAR.  i had his wife over the other night along with some other lady neighbors for some wine and snacks on the porch...this included the other neighbor with cancer.  his wife seemed to make light of it...honestly i'm not sure how else she could have dealt with it since she had just learned of the news.  

so this made me think...what would you do if you had one year to live?  where would you go?  who would you spend your time with?  would you work?  volunteer?  make up with people?  settle your debts?  make out with a stranger?  have another child?  find another career?  buy fancy clothes?  travel?

what would you do???

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you - since I've been reading up on this newest health challenge, one year is really something to think about! I just always thought I could decide to live a long life like Aunt Theresa, not a relatively short life like Mom. So this really sucks!! Both women made a difference in their world though and I learned from them. I've always tried to live as if each day could be my last because you just never know. I try to connect with someone each day and make that one person smile and feel good about himself/herself. Thanks for making me think about this and put it into words...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete