I went to visit a fertility specialist on Friday to see what my options are for going forward with pregnancy and other things. I keep hoping someone has an answer about the Enbrel, but so far no one knows anything for sure. This woman didn't either...sigh. Anyway, it looks like our options are:
1) Get pregnant the old fashioned way...after the disease has been under control for several months. Considering it hasn't been under control for several months, this doesn't really seem possible in my mind right now.
2) Get pregnant the old fashioned way while on Enbrel, taking a chance that all will be okay with the Enbrel on board. Kinda risky...
3) Use a surrogate that we don't know. Ballpark amount for this? $50,000. Right, not really an option.
4) Use a surrogate that we do know. Ballpark amount for this? Less than $50,000 but cost unknown.
5) Adoption.
Then we need to think about the fact that the disease may worsen during pregnancy and most likely during the post-partum period, so even if all goes okay with conception, the pregnancy itself may be a mess. Not so sure how much more the bod can take, you know?
I'm in NY now visiting with family and friends for the week. I've been looking forward to this week for months and I'm so glad I'm finally here. It's been interesting to see everyone's face as they see my puffy face for the first time. Some people recognize it as the steroids, but others have no idea what to do. They don't say anything but I can see in their face that they're like "what the hell?" My brother-in-law told me that he didn't know what was going on before he saw me and had to pull my sister aside and ask what is wrong with my face. Funny. We all decided that I look like Martin Short in Pure Luck when he gets bitten by the bee. Cute. I'll post a pic later...it's worse than the pic in the previous post...not worse, just funnier looking.
Off to get a snack and a drink...that'll make me feel better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete