Thursday, February 11, 2010

crankypants

"crankypants" is what my mom used to call me when i was young and was in this kind of mood. oh boy, i don't know how it happened but i definitely woke up in a sour mood this morning. i haven't been sleeping well for the past few nights, so i'm guessing that's it...but even a little extra snooze with my kitty this morning didn't help. unfortunately, being cranky makes it hard to go to work and listen to people complain about their troubles. and i'm talking about both the patients and the staff...i have one woman working at the practice who spends the entire day complaining. really? i'm not your counselor or your nurse practitioner. not today, it's just not the day...and i'm prepared to tell her that.

and all this with the snow...people complain that they get snow and they complain that they don't get snow. they complain about the roads and the weatherman and the plows and the tax dollars paying for it all. enough already. if you don't want to have snow, then don't live in an area where it snows! simple solution. and really, is there no other news than this storm? i find that hard to believe.

my husband is flying out to california for one day for work. one day! the kicker is that he's leaving monday morning...that day is supposed to be a holiday for him. not fair! it's disappointing because i was looking forward to the long weekend with him...bet he was looking forward to a day off too.

couldn't this pregnancy thing be a little easier? i think i've paid my dues with this whole lupus/RA situation. i think i deserve something to be a little easier for once. and how is it fair that ivf is covered by insurance but surrogacy isn't? and how is it fair that adoption and surrogacy can cost tens of thousands of dollars but getting pregnant is free? and all these "i didn't know i was pregnant" shows are so irritating to me. sigh... off to work.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, crankypants! Sorry to hear you're having a rough day. It snowed? I hadn't noticed! People who don't know that they're pregnant have always flipped me out too! Ridiculous! I wish I could spend Monday with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH boy! Look out at work! You'll be throwing the stethoscope or giving a nice painful needle just for the fun of it! Hang in there - it's the winter blues. In another month, we'll be seeing the crocus and hear the birds and feel the warmer temperatures and know that we have made it through another winter, snow and all! Your co-worker needs a talking-to by her boss. (I'm a little cranky myself! So there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thing happen Monday- Steve had to fly out for work. So not only did he not have a relaxing day, I had to get him to the airport! Gah. And I'm obviously always right there with you on the patients... I had an "emergency visit" added at the end of my day because his legs were "vibrating". It's called muscle spasm you toolbag and it's because you were kneeling on the washer and dryer stretched out, painting the underside of some cabinets when you're 4 weeks post op from back surgery. And yeah- here's your freaking narcotic prescription and by the way my name is not KATHY!!!!
    I guess I'm crankypants too :)

    ReplyDelete