Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday cards

what is the deal with holiday cards? why do we all make ourselves so crazy over these things? what is the point? i guess the point is to make sure other people see that we sort of have things together in our lives...together enough to choose the "perfect picture" or catch phrase or whatever and send it out to 100 of our closest relatives and friends. i think the move to photo cards was really for people with cute (or not-so-cute) kids or crazy people who love their pets a little too much. because really, do you want the other pathetic people to plaster their faces onto cards and send them out? not so much.

well i begged a friend to send me a picture that he had taken of me and jeff, then cropped and enhanced and whatever else you're supposed to do on iphoto, then made my way through 875 cards on tinyprints.com and finally made my selection. after having a small heart attack when seeing the total, i figured it was worth it since this card would let 40 (it's all i could afford) of my closest relatives and friends see that things had returned to normal with my face and our lives. so i pressed confirm and let it go. i received the cards yesterday along with their square envelopes...extra postage envelopes (after the catalog promised rectangular envelopes). the extra postage is 17 cents more on top of each stamp! and they're not even holiday stamps! sheesh. and no, i don't have holiday return address labels either.

by the way, the rheumatoid arthritis has finally come in handy...pun intended. now i have an excuse to leave a personal note out of each card and to use labels instead of hand-written addresses. yeah suckas!

so sorry if you don't get a cute little note or any hand writing at all...sorry if you don't like the picture (blame steve and iphoto)...sorry if the stamps suck...but happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Best. Post. Ever.
    2. You missed the bastard step-child of the photo card. The sound making card. The girls each got one for their birthday, now I have to listen to Zev opening the card for some blaring crap.
    3. Still best post ever. I'm going to laugh about this all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Handy"...you're so clever!

    I love that you can blame someone else for your picture and that you're not writing personal notes. I'm glad you're not a total psycho like I am.

    BTW, does the red/green ink actually make it harder for the post office? I never knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call the company and complain about the square envelopes! They can send rectangular ones that work just fine. Can't wait to see the picture (Oops! Am I one of 40?)

    Nice job BUT...I'm not sure I can handle 2 daughters who write funny, cynical blogs! You girls just add to MY cynical nature!

    ReplyDelete