Thursday, December 18, 2014

Faves

Have you ever been asked what your favorite body part is?  I've usually said my eyes.  They're blue and I like them and I figure they won't get all saggy and gross as I get older, so I figure they're a sure thing.  

But then while I was in the shower this morning, I caught a glimpse of the freckles on my shoulder.  I realized they were pretty awesome and tried to figure out why they were my new favorite part.  When I was young I got made fun of for my freckles (thank you sister) and tried to scratch them off (thank you sister).  This morning I realized that I like them so much because they remind me of the time in my life where I was able to be in the sun and enjoy myself.  They're a little piece of history on my shoulders.  I like that.

So what's your favorite part of your body?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, once upon a time, you could go in the sun. We all could. It's pretty unfair, isn't it? Thank you, Bec (I have no idea why we keep thanking her but I bet she keeps taking credit!) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete