Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Adoption


Well, turns out it's a lot easier to adopt cats than it is to adopt babies. Surprised? I didn't think so. I just needed a statement to tie in my two topics here. Been a while since I've written...I wasn't avoiding it, just didn't have much to post.

First thing first...Jeff and I adopted two kittens last week! Their names are Duke and Daisy and they're adorable. They're so funny when they run in the house and chase each other - they sound like a herd of elephants. When they're done running, they get up in our laps and fall asleep like the sweetest little things. Awwww...


I've been feeling pretty much the same. My knee and my hands still give me trouble, but not as much. They seem to be the stubborn points though, taking their sweet time to get back to normal. Jeff and I are still discussing our options as far as kids go. We still have pregnancy, surrogacy, and adoption as options, but each has their own set of pros and cons. The personal toll of pregnancy and surrogacy/egg harvesting is a little frightening, considering how rough last year was for me. But it's hard to jump right to adoption because ideally we would like to have children that have our own little "bits" inside. We also have to consider if I can even take care of children in my condition. I'm not sure we're ready for any of it at this point...hence, the kittens.

3 comments:

  1. Little babies...I love Duke and Daisy! Plus, I think they're keeping you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet the! Glad you're back...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left you an award on my blog...get back on here! We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete