Wednesday, August 10, 2011

For just a moment

i was driving home from work today and realized how lucky i am. i have achieved so many of my goals and dreams plus even more than i knew to ask for. i have a wonderful husband, comfy cozy house, a job where i get to help people every day, fun and loving family, fabulous friends, two fuzzy kitties...

i think about some of the people in the news today and it reminds me to be thankful. there's a mother who accidentally ran over her daughter in her driveway and killed her. what grief she must be feeling. then there's the woman who didn't return from her snorkeling trip with her boyfriend...he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but her ex is beside himself. there's a patient of our practice who is in his 40s...he and his wife are both diagnosed with different rapidly progressive terminal diseases. what did they tell their children? the pain and horror that is present in these stories is almost too much to bear.

for just a moment i have to be grateful for what i have...and hold on tightly.

3 comments:

  1. And I wish I could protect you from anything that could hurt you. Be strong, my dear daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...those stories made me cringe. I can't imagine...

    Oh, I have a fun and loving family too...what a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so lucky, aren't we? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete