Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11

On this day I try to remember those we have lost, those who fought to save others, and those who came out safely but surely scarred.

The events of September 11th changed the path of my life. Shortly after that day I lost my job in the technology sector and decided that I needed to do something that would make a difference in people's lives. I decided to enter health care which led me on the path to graduate school and now to my job as a nurse practitioner. Now I am able to help others every day and I feel as though I am making a positive difference in the world.

The events of September 11th also led to my engagement and marriage to my husband Jeff. He tells me he asked himself "What am I waiting for?" or something along those lines. We've been together now for 12 years, married for 8 years, and we have built a life together.

In my life, the events of September 11th led me to better places and better people. So of course, I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Well said...lots of positive things came out of that day too even if it wasn't apparent at the time...those are the things that are easy to forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete