I'm feeling much better than I did the other night. I figured out why I don't like to ask for help...it makes me feel like these stupid diseases are winning. That just pisses me off! So I figure, if I can do everything myself then that means that I'm winning. I don't think you can understand unless you have a chronic illness, but that's what I came up with. I will ask for help when I need it though...I promise! My thing now is that my muscles, especially in my feet, cramp up with the slightest change in position. I never had this before, but it's excrutiating. I drove Jeff's car this week and it's stick shift...the foot using the clutch was in a constant cramp and it hurt! What's that all about?
Anyway, this was a big weekend...Jeff and I started on the new diet plan and so far, so good. We're trying to be as vegetarian as possible and have cut out all animal products including dairy. It takes a lot of planning and I'm feeling like I'm learning how to cook all over again. Lots of grocery shopping and menu making, but we'll get the hang of it. Honestly, I felt better this morning after doing only one day of the plan. We'll see what happens after a week! My mom was also up this weekend, just for overnight. She's doing the new diet plan too, so that made things easy. She also helped us shop for groceries and for flowers for the front yard. She even got down and dirty today and helped us get two flower beds all set up. Jeff did the hard work of edging out the beds and placing the edging stones while mom did all the digging and then I got to place all the flowers. Things look great...I'll post pics later. It makes me feel better that at least the front of the house is coming along.
Back to the grind tomorrow... Jeff is also traveling to NY again this week. Looks like he'll be placed on a project there full time, so that will be challenging. We'll be okay though. I've also got a trip planned to Nashville for my first official NP conference on the 16th. I'm worried about going alone, especially on this new diet plan, but I hope to meet some new people and make new friends. Some of the courses look very interesting too, so it will be good for my training. Hope everyone has a good week :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would come to Nashville with you, but I have two pieces of luggage that I don't think they'd let me check! Good luck with the diet...I give you and Jeff lots of credit!!!
ReplyDelete