Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We're still here


Just trying to catch up on everything since coming home from the hospital yesterday. It's funny, I was only gone for 3.5 days, but I don't remember where anything is. Mail? Groceries? Clothes? Everything is a little weird. It'll fall back into place, slowly but surely. I'm sure the sleep deprivation has something to do with it!

I will write a post about my birth experience and of course about the baby, but just can't seem to manage it yet. I'll get there. In the meantime, I'm really excited to be a Mom and to learn all about my precious little girl. During our "skin-to-skin" time tonight, I was telling her the story about how she came to be. I'm sure I'll repeat the story many many times, but I thought it was a good first story for her to hear.

Her stats:
  • Pregnancy age: 40 weeks, 6 days (she did not want to come out)
  • Birthday: March 11, 2012, 7:04am
  • Name: Cassandra Grae
  • 8 pounds, 13 ounces at birth
  • 20 inches long at birth
  • Strawberry blonde or golden hair, depending on light
  • Pink chubby cheeks
  • Long fingers (good for piano playing)
More soon...for now, a picture :)


2 comments:

  1. congrats! beautiful name! will you refer to her in full first name? or designate a NN like cassie or sandy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...love every single part of it. I can't wait to meet her in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete