After five and a half months I can officially say that we're done breastfeeding!!! I actually stopped breastfeeding about a month ago and have been pumping every day to put milk into her formula bottles, but now I'm even done pumping. What a relief! Now I get time back in my mornings and evenings. I don't have to put my boobies through that torture anymore. I don't have to pump during lunch at work - that really sucked. It's just nice to be free. It's nice to have my boobies back!
This is not to say that I'm not going to miss it. I am. I liked breastfeeding Cassie and strangely, I liked doing it in the middle of the night. It's a very peaceful feeling to be able to do that with your baby. We got to share some special time together. I'm happy that I was able to do it for so long as I didn't think I'd be able to do it at all due to the RA and lupus and medications, etc. Very happy.
I just realized we don't even have a picture of me breastfeeding her. That might sound strange to most of you, but there is an iconic picture of my sister breastfeeding her twins that pops up on Mom's computer every once in a while. We all laugh when it comes up because it's such a private shot, but it shows what she was able to do for her babies! I wish we had gotten one of me and Cass.
We have a few bags of frozen milk left for her that we're using each day, but she does well without it so I'm sure she won't miss it. We're even on to food at this point...rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples...she'll eat anything!


she is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteI am just so glad you were able to enjoy the experience! Be proud, daughter dear....
ReplyDeleteGeez! I am so embarrassed at that picture! Funny though!
ReplyDelete