Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer last week...wasn't feeling so hot. I do think I'm a little bit better this week though...a little. It just got to the point where I couldn't do much for myself. Jeff was helping me shower and get dressed, making my food, doing the shopping...that's a lot to have him do plus a lot of dignity lost. My hands and wrists have gotten pretty bad though so a lot of function has been lost at this point.
Jeff and I had some good conversations over the weekend and by talking with him and family and friends, I was able to have a better mental perspective on things. We do have choices and if I'm unable to get pregnant, then we will consider surrogacy. I also decided that I'm not able to work full-time anymore because the mornings are so bad. I had a conversation with my boss yesterday and he was very supportive, offering me time off and/or a reduced schedule so that I'm okay. It's a big load off to have had that conversation and to know that he's supportive. I really don't want to stop working, especially when I just got my feet under me, so I'm proposing a reduced schedule where I come in to work at the point when I start feeling better in the morning, maybe around 11am. We'll see how that works. My doctor also changed my prednisone dosing so maybe that will be helpful too.
I had company this weekend which took a lot out of me. It's so hard because I want to see people and spend time with them, but then I'm kind of useless for half the day. My best friend and her 15-month old daughter came up from NY for the weekend. I kept holding the baby on the first day which was a mistake because the second day was bad. I learned my lesson. Then I had some of my closest girlfriends come over on Saturday night for a Girls Night. Jeff helped me shop and my friends helped me get everything set up and cleaned up...awesome. We had a great time, glad we did it. I think it was good for me :)
Jeff's away for the next few weeks on a project and feels stressed about leaving me alone. I'll be okay...just have to prepare for it and do my best. He's been so good to me and helpful. Our anniversary is this weekend and I think we have a lot to celebrate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You sure do have a lot to celebrate! I'm glad that things are working out for you...it's all about destressing too b/c that can wreak havoc on your body as well! Glad you had a good weekend and I'm sure another great one is coming up!
ReplyDelete