Thursday, May 21, 2009

Venting

So I have good days and bad days...bad days are the days when things hurt, are swollen, and my activities and life are limited by these things. Yesterday and today count as bad days. Not the worst by any means, but I'm frustrated by the pain especially in my hands and feet. On these days, today especially, I'm finding it hard to put on a happy face and go see my patients. It's funny too because most of them say "oh you're young and have nothing to worry about, it's when you get old that it's bad." Well, I sure feel old sometimes. Today it's been hard to get ready for work because yesterday was particularly frustrating. Five patients today though and then I'm off for four days. I need the recharge.

Did anyone see Farrah Fawcett's documentary? I finished watching it this morning on DVR and was bawling my eyes out. Probably not a good thing to watch on a bad day huh? Anwyay, she reminded me a lot of my stepmother and I don't think I have the closure yet on her passing. I've been thinking of her a lot lately...

I've also been considering writing my rheumatologist a letter about how I felt after our appointment on Tuesday. He showed no sympathy towards me and I don't feel he was very helpful. Maybe I'll write it and never send it. I wonder what I would do with a letter from a patient that made suggestions about my practice...would I consider changes? I would hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're having some rough days...hopefully the Plaquenal will make it better quickly! I saw the documentary and I totally agree...I'll bet I can pinpoint when you were crying the hardest...when her son came to visit and laid down on her bed? Yeah, me too. Write the letter...sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete