Some more good news...I met with a high-risk OB on Wednesday and was very encouraged by the visit. She feels that I should have a healthy normal pregnancy. The trick is to get my body to calm down a bit before trying to get pregnant. So she thinks I should restart the Plaquenil, which is the drug I've been on for 10 years for lupus, and continue on the Prednisone to ease the inflammation. The two Ps will get me through this :) I meet with my rheumatologist on the 22nd, so I'll talk to him then about restarting the Plaquenil. My labs show that I'm negative for common lupus disorders that could make pregnancy difficult, also have had no renal involvement which also bodes well. So I figure in 2-3 months, as long as my body cooperates, we can start trying. This is like the longest conception ever!!!
My reduced schedule starts on Monday and I can't wait. The turnaround this week from my late day Wednesday to early day on Thursday was rough. My bod needs a rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIPPEE!!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda,
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read your blog. I have known you for over 6 years and never knew the extent of your lupus or your struggles.
You are a strong, courageous, and beautiful person. You have a wonderful and supportive husband, family, and friends. If anybody can succeed through this, it is YOU! I am here for you. Call... me anytime.
Love,
Elaine
Yay for the Ps!!! This is the kind of news that brightens my days! Soooo glad the reduced schedule starts so soon...you need it!
ReplyDelete