Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ahhhh...warm weather!

Oh it's finally warm and sunny out...so nice. This winter was a tough one to take, even for tough New Englanders. Hopefully everyone will be happier and calmer now that the weather is better. All the flowers look great...our house is the "floweryest" on the block! Some of it wasn't my doing, but some was! We have this great pink tree, azaleas, and rhododendrons that are popping. I love it. And no Mom, I haven't started sneezing yet...

I thought I'd write a little about my "mannequin hands." In the morning when things are all stiff, my hands are like the hands on a mannequin or barbie. They're sort of in this neutral position and I can't bend my fingers which makes it hard to do anything...get your hair out of your eyes, scratch your cheek, roll over. It would be funny except that it hurts. Anyway this morning I laid in bed for a few extra minutes, not because I had the luxury to do so, but because I couldn't figure out how to get out of bed! Also kinda funny...

I called my doctor yesterday and left a message saying that I wanted to start the low-dose prednisone and he didn't call back. But I had a thought this morning that maybe he called it in to the pharmacy but just didn't let me know. And guess what? That's exactly what happened. So Jeff went out and got it for me plus got Dunkin Donuts for breakfast...what a guy. I'm feeling MUCH better this afternoon since I took the prednisone...the coffee probably helped too. So I can mostly move my hands and wrists now...no more mannequin hands...but I have random red/purple knuckles in various places. That's hot.

Okay, off to shower...we have friends coming over tonight for a barbecue! I know the bugs are going to get us, but it will still be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment