Sunday, April 29, 2012

Health update...and other little bits

I just realized that I haven't said much about the RA/Lupus lately and thought I'd give an update.  There's not much to say because things have been relatively quiet.  The delivery didn't cause any issue and neither did postpartum hormone shifts.  I'm thinking that the breastfeeding is keeping hormones pretty stable which may be helping the situation.  Over the last couple weeks though some symptoms have started to come up.  My hands and wrists have been pretty tender, especially during the night, and this week my feet started to hurt.  I walk like an old lady sometimes!  I started taking Advil (oh how I missed Advil!) and that seems to help take the edge off.


I went to see my rheumatologist on Friday for the first time since delivery.  He was pretty content with how things have been going and made no changes.  That means I don't have to restart the methotrexate!  Yippee!  And that means that I can continue breastfeeding.  I'm pretty happy with all this :)  Unfortunately I forgot to take my pills yesterday and also forgot to take my Enbrel.  Duh.  I caught up today, no worries.


A little baby update...Cassie is 7 weeks old today!  Time is flying by and she's getting so big.  She turned herself over on her activity mat this morning!  She's sleeping now and looks like a little angel.  The other night she slept for about six hours in a row and we ended up getting a pretty good night's sleep.  She's really starting to frustrate Jeff with her grunting and moving around (too loud for him to sleep through) during sleep.  The pediatrician suggested that we keep her in our room until three months.  We're due back at the pediatrician's office in a couple weeks for her first immunizations and another weight/height check.  Should be an interesting appointment as she is getting shots.  I guess we'll ask about the sleeping arrangements then.


(pictures soon...)


A question for my readers...who is actually reading this blog?  I've been wondering if I should continue with it but won't if there aren't enough people interested in following it.  Please comment on this post or send me an email if you are following...thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. I read it:) Glad things are going well. FYI...we kept both boys in our rooms until 7 weeks. We agree with Jeff; they started to become very noisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow it...I love reading people's stories especially with babies. It's nice to know that people are out there and experiencing the same things. Can't wait for pictures.


    Kayla
    mamanemery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW your mom is reading it - I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete